O desconhecido não é um obstáculo. Na verdade, é um começo. É um desafio. E é o que buscamos na Laureate. Todos os dias, nós estamos dispostos a repensar a respeito da educação. Para desafiar as expectativas. Para reinventar carreiras. Para crescer além dos limites. O que você não sabe?
University Supervisor Part Time - Special Education - Prineville, OR
Candidatar-se Empregos ID 51573BR Publicado 04/18/2021 Instituição Walden University Cidade Prineville
University Supervisors for the Special Education K-21 program are part-time faculty members at Walden University who serve the Richard W. Riley College of Education and Leadership by regularly observing and evaluating teacher candidates during their intensive field experiences and demonstration teaching experiences. University Supervisors visit school settings, working with cooperating teachers and teacher candidates. University supervisors share responsibilities with cooperating teachers and provide leadership for planning, supervising, evaluating, and implementing the Walden curriculum for teacher candidates. University Supervisors must commit to supervising a candidate for two consecutive semesters (excluding summer).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:·
- Communicate Walden University expectations for intensive field experiences and demonstration teaching to cooperating teachers and school administrators.
- Provide cooperating teachers with an orientation to Walden University, intensive field experiences, and demonstration teaching.
- Conduct a minimum number of on-site, in the field observations:
- 2 observations during the intensive field experience during one semester, and 3 observations during the 12 week demonstration teaching experience during the subsequent semester
- Additional observations and communications electronically or by telephone with Walden students and/or cooperating teachers may be required when deemed necessary.
- Structure conferences with the candidate and cooperating teacher, and provide oral and written feedback.
- Complete formal evaluations of the teacher candidate throughout the intensive field experience and demonstration teaching experience.
- Provide the licensure candidate with opportunities for continued professional growth in his or her ability, including support during the candidate’s completion of the Teacher Performance Assessment.
- Serve as a liaison between the university and the intensive field experience site and demonstration teaching site, offering information and support to cooperating teachers and site administrators as needed.
- Participate in the College of Education's Orientation for University Supervisors.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Faculty members are required to have an adequate computer to handle an electronic learning platform, keyboard, pointing device, and computer monitor. All other tools are knowledge-based or training-based through Walden University. The Faculty Member must be able to use Microsoft Office products (MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint), zip software, and Adobe Acrobat and must have reliable Internet access as well as alternate access in cases where primary access becomes unavailable.OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A master's degree is required, of which an applicant must hold either a bachelor's degree or advanced degree in special education.
- At least 3 years of teaching experience, of which at least one year is at the age/grade level of the assignment.
- Verified teaching experience at the level and discipline of the supervisory responsibilities.
- Must have or have held a teaching license (can be expired)
- Experience with online technology
- Knowledge, skills, and teaching experiences related to diversity and student exceptionalities.
- Candidate must live within 60 miles of Prineville, OR
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION:
Faculty Members must be appropriately credentialed, possess an earned degree in the discipline being taught, and may be expected to be licensed or license-eligible in order to teach in specific programs. Faculty Members must maintain their licenses and any appropriate certifications in order to continue to teach at Walden University. Faculty Members are also expected to maintain currency with research by reviewing articles, journals, and presentations. If participating in research, the Faculty Member may publish and acknowledge Walden University.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment, but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.
Nosso objetivo é ter um time de colaboradores diversificado que represente nossos estudantes e comunidades. A Walden University é uma empregadora que traz oportunidades iguais, comprometida com a contratação com base no mérito. Os indivíduos são considerados para cargos para os quais cumpram as qualificações necessárias e que sejam capazes de desenvolver em nossa Universidade. Não discriminamos com base em sexo, raça, cor, religião, idade, nacionalidade, deficiência física ou mental, gravidez, informação genética, orientação sexual, identidade ou expressão de gênero, condição de veterano ou qualquer outra condição protegida pelo governo federal, estadual ou local. De acordo com o Título IX das Emendas de Educação de 1972, a Walden University é obrigada a não discriminar com base no sexo em seus programas ou atividades educacionais, e não o faz. Essa proibição se estende a admissões e empregos. Para obter mais informações sobre a política do Título IX da Walden University, incluindo a aplicação do mesmo, clique aqui.