O desconhecido não é um obstáculo. Na verdade, é um começo. É um desafio. E é o que buscamos na Laureate. Todos os dias, nós estamos dispostos a repensar a respeito da educação. Para desafiar as expectativas. Para reinventar carreiras. Para crescer além dos limites. O que você não sabe?
Contributing Faculty-MSN AGNP (Eligible for $1/k sign on bonus) (Virtual)
Candidatar-se Empregos ID 47349BR Publicado 03/23/2020 Instituição Walden University Cidade Virtual
The School of Nursing seeks dynamic, innovative faculty in the Master of Science in Nursing program’s Adult-Gerontology/Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Specialty (AGNP/AGPCNP) The key responsibilities of the position are to teach courses in the specialty area of AGPCNP. This position reports to the appropriate / Specialty Coordinator in the MSN program in the School of Nursing. Part-time (Contributing) faculty members will also work with other faculty as well as administrators in the College.
Additionally, faculty members are responsible for maintaining a program of scholarship and/or practice in the area of their specialty, and may assist with faculty orientation, development, mentoring/monitoring, and evaluation; part-time (contributing) faculty may also participate in school and university committee service.
Walden's MSN is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Officially recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education as a national accreditation agency, the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) is an autonomous accrediting agency, contributing to the improvement of the public's health. CCNE ensures the quality and integrity of baccalaureate, graduate, and residency programs in nursing.
What to Expect as a Walden Faculty Member
Faculty members educate Walden University students by effectively and proficiently using online technology and resources so that knowledge, information, feedback, and critique are imparted to and shared with students in thoughtful, carefully formulated, well written, and timely communications. This is accomplished in an environment that is respectful of the student, the faculty member, Walden University, and the discipline in which the faculty member is involved.
All new faculty members receive specific training from Walden University in the techniques of online teaching; use of an electronic learning platform; specifics of the policies, procedures, and degree programs of the School or College in which they are going to teach; socialization into the Walden University culture; assessment of academic integrity of student work (including use ofwww.turnitin.com); and research supervision of theses and dissertations. Teaching and mentorship assignments are contingent upon successful completion of required training. During the first term of teaching, faculty members may be assigned a faculty peer mentor (senior colleague) as an extension of their new instructor training. Peer mentors will continue to support instruction and provide peer reviews of the classroom on a regular basis.
Faculty members are assigned courses, which are taught using the Learning Management System (LMS), and are responsible for interacting with students within the LMS. Discussion Boards for classrooms are open 24 hrs/day, 7 days/wk. Faculty members are expected to be in the classroom a minimum of 4 days/wk and responses to student questions must be posted within 48 hrs. The university suggests regular and predictable availability, such as online office hours or regular online chats; office hours may be required based on program or college policy, Research Mentorship
Faculty mentors may be assigned to work one-on-one with students to help students meet the research requirements of their degree. Faculty members are responsible for the provision of timely feedback, approval, assessment, and evaluation of each student's work within the classroom.
Licensing/Certification: Faculty Members must be appropriately credentialed, work currently as NP, possess an earned degree from an accredited institution or recognized by a country's ministry of education in the discipline being taught, and may be expected to be licensed or license-eligible in order to teach in specific programs. Faculty Members must maintain their licenses and any appropriate certifications in order to continue to teach at Walden University. Faculty Members are also expected to maintain currency with research by reviewing articles, journals, and presentations. If participating in research, the Faculty Member may publish and acknowledge Walden University.
EVIDENCE OF CURRENT RN AND APRN LICENSE IN ONE OF THE 50 STATES IN THE US REQUIRED. ALL NP FACULTY ARE ALSO REQUIRED TO OBTAIN RN AND APRN LICENSURE IN THE STATE OF MN AND PROVIDE EVIDENCE OF CURRENT ADVANCED PRACTICE CERTIFICATION BEFORE HIRE AS NURSE PRACTITIONER FACULTY AT WALDEN UNIVERSITY. THIS POSITION MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR A BONUS UPON HIRE.
Education and/or Experience:
- Earned Masters in Nursing (MSN) from an accredited institution, with demonstrated coursework in the advanced nursing practice specialties:, adult nurse practitioner/gerontology nurse practitioner, women’s health nurse practitioner, pediatrics nurse practitioner.
- A minimum of one year experience of teaching or precepting preferred.
- Two years clinical/practical experience as a family nurse practitioner, adult nurse practitioner and/or gerontology nurse practitioner, women’s health nurse practitioner, or pediatric nurse practitioner.
- Commitment to advocating for the learning and development needs of students earning their degrees in a distance learning environment
- Excellent oral and written communication, leadership, team, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- National certification in the area of adult-gerontology acute care nurse practitioner, adult-gerontology primary care nurse practitioner family nurse practitioner, psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner, ,women’s health nurse practitioner, or pediatric nurse practitioner.
• EVIDENCE OF CURRENT RN AND APRN LICENSE IN ONE OF THE 50 STATES IN THE US REQUIRED. ALL NP FACULTY ARE ALSO REQUIRED TO OBTAIN RN AND APRN LICENSURE IN THE STATE OF MN BEFORE HIRE AS NURSE PRACTITIONER FACULTY AT WALDEN UNIVERSITY.
ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS WILL BE SUPPORTED THROUGHOUT THE PROCESS OF OBTAINING RN AND APRN LICENSURE IN THE STATE OF MN AND COMPENSATED FOR LICENSURE RELATED EXPENSES.